With the introduction of new sports bettors from younger generations to the industry, comes a need for operators to continue to adapt to the many new developments and trends that come their way.Gen Y players (better known as Millennials) are the first digitally native audience and are rapidly increasing their use of mobile devices and streaming, both for entertainment and sport. Meanwhile, Gen Z players (18–24-year-olds) on average began using mobiles from a very young age, often spending hours playing on their parents’ devices. It’s safe to say that they are never without some form of digital connectivity and this makes them a vital audience for sports betting, both now and in the coming years.It is crucial to understand what motivates the new generation in order to then supply them with relevant products, services, and content they are looking for. There are several vital ways to do this:
- Utilize technology: The next generation of sports bettors is very tech-savvy and comfortable using mobile devices and apps. Offer an intuitive and user-friendly betting platform that can be accessed from a mobile device and make sure it's updated with the latest technology.
- Offer a variety of betting options: Offer a wide range of betting options, including in-play betting, live streaming, and virtual sports, to cater to the diverse preferences of the next generation of sports bettors.
- Gamification: Use game-like elements such as rewards and leaderboards. These can make sports betting more exciting as well as building brand loyalty.
- Focus on responsible gambling: The next generation of sports bettors is more likely to be socially conscious and mindful of the impact of gambling. Emphasize responsible gambling practices and offer resources to help bettors stay in control.
- Personalize the experience: Use data and machine learning to personalize the betting experience for each individual bettor. It’s also key to offer tailored recommendations and odds based on their betting history and preferences.
- Make it fun and engaging: Offer fun and interactive features such as rewards programs, and social media integrations, new BetBuilder products to create a more enjoyable and innovative experience for bettors.
Of course, Sportsbook platforms are at the basis of all of this. ButOn’s platform provides providers with the maximum flexibility, scalability and customisation as well as 24/7 support. The entire platform architecture is built to offer operators an unbeatable experience that appeals directly to the next generation of players. The company boasts a wide range of betting options including in-play betting, live streaming, e-sports and virtual sports, that cater to the diverse preferences of the next generation of sports bettors. In this case, the number of events is considerably higher than for more traditional betting options. For example, there are around 1.1 million live events, 1.2 million pre match events and nearly 100 million virtual sporting events each year.
Our high-performing platform will certainly continue to engage players from many different generations, both the older and younger demographics. Reach out to us if you are looking to start your own high-converting sportsbook - firstname.lastname@example.org.